Petrol pump attendants work at filling stations or garages where petrol is served to customers.
Petrol pump attendants’ tasks include:
- filling customers’ vehicles with petrol or diesel to the requested level
- taking cash and providing change or preparing bank petrol charge slips
- checking the oil and water levels of the vehicle
- cleaning windscreens
- checking the air pressure of tyres and pumping them up if necessary
- changing flat tyres
- selling and fitting minor spares.
- friendly and helpful
- reasonable verbal ability
- able to understand and carry out instructions
- responsible and reliable
- able to work quickly
- willing to work night shifts, at weekends and on public holidays
- petrol filling stations
- garage owners
- try to obtain vacation or part-time work at a garage
- arrange to speak to a petrol pump attendant about this type of career
Boston City Campus and Business College does not offer a programme that leads directly to this occupation. Please take a look at the related occupations below to see whether any of these appeal to you. Alternately, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and a Student Advisor will call you back.